The following information (itinerary, budgeted expenses, and tips) were all lifted and compiled from the following blog sites for ease of reference:
San Miguel, Bulacan
Major jump-off: Sitio Madlum, Brgy. Sibul, San Miguel
LLA: 15°15.11’N; 121°1.22′ E; 196 MASL
Days required / Hours to summit: Half-day / 1 hour
Specs: Minor climb, Difficulty 2/9, Trail class 1-2
0500 From Cubao or Pasay; take Cabanatuan-bound bus
0730 ETA Brgy. Kamias, San Miguel; take tricycle to jump-off
0800 Arrive at jump-off; register and get guides at community
0900 Start trek
1030 ETA summit of Mt. Manalmon; take pictures
1100 Start descent
1200 Back at community; lunch
1300 Visit Madlum and Bayukbok Caves
1530 Swim at Madlum river
1700 Back at jump-off; proceed back to Brgy. Kamias
1740 Take bus back to Manila
Travel Expenses and Climbing Fees
- Bus fare from Pasay to San Miguel Bulacan – Php 124.00
- Tricyle rental (good for 3 persons) – Php 150.00
- Guide fee for Mt. Manalmon (overnight)- Php 300 to 600.00
- Registration fee (per person) – Php 5.00
- Spelunking at Bayukbok Cave (per person) – Php 30.00
- Guides in Mt. Manalmon are required
- The trail is fairly easy, highly recommended for beginners
- Bring headlamps if you’re planning to do spelunking in Bayukbuk Cave.
- There is a campsite before the summit, overnight camping is possible
- You can also hike Mt. Gola if you have plenty of time.
Eto ang mga actibidades na maaring gawin!
May option kayong sumakay ng balsa o mag Monkey Bridge (but I prefer the latter for adventure =) para matawid ang Madlum River.
Masarap naman talagang mamundok eh, di ba Romeo?! =)
SUKHASANA. The name comes from the Sanskrit words Sukha meaning pleasure” and Asana meaning “posture” or “seat”. This is the second easiest pose in Yoga for me, breathing in a crossed leg position with your hands placed on top of the thighs. Anyways, sometimes SILENCE is a really good answer. You’ll hear nothing from me if this is what being best in conduct entails. There are times in life that speaking is not your best option and you just need to SHUT UP and LISTEN. Well, not in my case since I kind of overused it already. Relationships don’t last and it opens a lot of doors to misunderstandings. The difficulty of expressing oneself through words is a lot different when you are in that spot gazing to that other person’s stare. Something I am not really good at and don’t know if this can be remedied. If only – my words can utter sounds and speak on my behalf.